Friday 28 March 2008

Where do I begin - again

Thank you to all who made a comment on "Happiness is a quiet lambing shed".

The weather in February was fantastic - springlike to say the least. March came in, as usual, snow in the first week and got worse. fortunately Easter passes us by, so it was just another crap weekend. I asked Laura if she had any Easter eggs (she was with her dad for easter) and she said yes, 1, where was mine? I apologised for being a crap mum, and said there wasn't one!

Lambing is not too bad, I think. The 2nd flock are lambing outside - not ideal but a necessity. They chase the grass every year. But, we have had 30-odd lambs go, which will improve the bank balance a bit.

I think I saw a swallow last week, but with the weather turning horrible again it might have gone to warmer climates.

Why, when I'm tractor driving or feeding the sheep, can I think of great, witty stories, but then faced with the computer and a screen it comes out crap - three times I've said that word?

Will have to get back into blogging again.

5 comments:

Mean Mom said...

I wish you could blog more often, but you are obviously very busy, with all of your lambs and tractor driving, and stuff!

I think the Easter weekend was crap for most of us. We thought we might brave a walk, but chickened out. It just kept snowing. This weekend will be wet and windy, apparently. Oh joy!

dND said...

Weather was crap here in SW France too. And to make things worse, no Internet so I couldn't read blogs or do any online research.

Still the sun is out today so I'm off to bail out what ever needs it.

Glad to hear the lambing went well and that you've already sold some too.

I hope you had a good Easter - I find Milka bars a very good substitute for Easter eggs for my daughter, just explain how much more actual chocolate there is in a bar compared with an egg and then buy the pack of 5 bars. Who said bribery and corruption aren't good!

Georgina said...

Welcome back DND, it sounds like March has been difficult. We saw our first swallows yesterday and heard our first cuckoo on the
27th, a week later than last year. Today we went for a ride and everyone is mowing and strimming, and we saw micro-lites and a convertable with it's roof down. Printemps est arive je pense.

farming-frenchstyle said...

Yes, can confirm I did see swallows on the 18th - went to lamb a ewe for a friend and there were swallows in their barn. Put some ewes and lambs out yesterday (Sat), weather good. Daren't lok at them today!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Hard hard work. Hope you are getting some sleep/