Thursday 2 August 2007

Found it!

Well I managed to find my blog again - after quite a few attempts - and I received a comment. Thank you Pig-in-the-kitchen. I then thought it was time to do another one. More problems, but we got there.

How is it that when I'm sitting on the tractor mindlessly baling or moving the wretched bales that I can think on masses to say and communicate to others, and yet when faced with the computer and keyboard my mind goes blank?

You think about all sorts of things when driving the tractor - what we are going to do when we retire, what would I do if my husband popped his clogs before we retire - he's not likely to I hasten to say as he is in good health and a young 65 year old - but these things spring to mind as we are 2nd time around marrieds. He has two grown up kids and I have my three, so whoever goes first things will be a bit difficult for the surviving partner. I also ponder on other peoples problems, and what I would do in their shoes. But then I think "what would I really do?" As they have/are doing or what I think they should do. I also have imaginary conversations - in english and french. My french is perfect in these conversations, but when faced with the situation it goes to pot. I would really love to communicate properly in french and not blather on as I normally do with the only words I know. I have imaginary arguments with my husband - these usually involve his or my kids. It's not easy being a step-parent. I have awarded myself the title of Queen of the step-daughters from hell! That's for another time as we done't have broadband in this neck of France and I'm clocking up the hours typing this. Thanks for listening tractor!

1 comment:

Pig in the Kitchen said...

Gosh, I bet you were sweating out there today (sunday 5th Aug), the farmers have been working overtime today desperately gathering hay and stuff...and us townies who migrate to the country for the summer gather our kids and say, 'Look darlings, a combine harvester' and feel very pleased that our children are getting real live 'where food comes from' footage at the bottom of the garden. But hours later as I am sipping my glass of wine, those poor sweaty farmers are still driving around the fields....

But i feel a bit better now that I know you have plenty to occupy your mind as you drive. I would love to drive a tractor, is it a big bastard with massive wheels??!!
Pigx