Tuesday 21 August 2007

Wedding anniversary blues - or greens!

August 21st 2000 - the day we got married. Today we celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary - tea or champagne in bed, a day of lovey dovey? Not a bit of it. HE forgot! We had arranged lunch with some friends who have a cottage near us, they came to our wedding. I told them "don't say anything to David - see if he remembers." Usually when I remind of something like an anniversary or birthday he says "I did remember, but didn't say anything because I thought you had forgotten!" HE wasn't quick enough this time. Though I have to say, our life is such that it is difficult to remember what day it is let alone what the date is. there, I'm standing up for HIM. Anyway, we had a lovely lunch - all of 12 euros each (less than a tenner!) and our friends paid. So here I am with a glass of Kir Royale (creme de cassis and a sparkling white) doing my blog.

The greens? I'm trying to decorate the rooms we had renovated last year, this time it's the dining room. I have inherited loads of Magnolia (part of the divorce settlement) so decided to do most of it in that. I wanted it red but with us being for sale thought something more neutral might be better. To add some (interest) colour David has chosen Vert Provence behind the stairs. We have to have it mixed at the local DIY shop (Mr Bricolage or Britolage as it is called) and when the assistant showed me the colour it was definitely green! I tried to explain in my (crap) french that as my husband had chosen it, it doesn't matter if it is awful!

Kir Royale has finished, HE is watching the cricket, time for something on toast!?

3 comments:

Debra in France said...

Happy 7th Anniversary. It is our 11th anniversary on the 31st. Pur another Kir and try and forget about this awful weather.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

So a second time arouunder in the marriage game then? I am too, well, second marriage but third long term relationship. He's a darling but the menopause and mood swings can put a strain on the relationship. your life sounds interesting in France. I hope you keep posting as I am curious to how you cope being a long term ex pat. We might just do it ourselves one day and France is a favourite to set up home. But until we have a few less responsibilities here it will remain on the back burner for the moment. The weather is nice today and I hope it is for you too. Your Kir Royale sounded nice! He'll most likely remember your next anniversary now that you caught him out!

Pig in the Kitchen said...

Oh anniversaries are too overrated...especially if i'm the one who's forgotten! we just celebrated 12 years, what an achievement!
and kir royale is my super duper all time favourite i'm getting pissed and giggly drink.
Cheers,
pigx