Saturday 23 August 2008

A new Olympic sport?

As the Olympics draw to a close, I wonder if it is good or bad for me. Good - because for the whole time I've done nothing (except put on weight because of doing nothing) but watch the Games. As I set off to do something we have another "Medal moment". So that's another hour or so, because you just have to watch the flag go up (have they got hot air positioned up the flag pole in the Bird's Nest?), feel the lump in the throat and say "aah, wasn't that good?".
Bad - because now I'll have no excuse to get on with some work. I really will have to start sorting out the house in preparation for the move, even though we will not be moving until early 2009. I know what will happen, nothing will be done and then panic will set in and bang goes the orderly and organised packing. I was going to make a start with a visit to the Dechetterie (local recycling place) this afternoon but OH and Thomas, my son, have cleared off in the van - so after this blog looks like it is back to the Olympics one last time.

We have, though, devised our own Olympic sport - Chucking the Coaster at the Chicken as it enters the House! At the moment I think I'm in gold medal position. My sister came recently and put a pile of coasters on the table, OH had a coffee and actually took a coaster for his mug. Sister indignantly told him they were not for use under a coffee cup. However, as they say in the films, no chicken has been hurt in the pursuit of this sport, they just know it is dangerous to enter the house now. I'm definitely in gold medal position for cleaning up most of the hen s..t as they come in looking for crumbs and dead flies.

Perhaps as the sun is shining I'll mow the lawn, and pop in now and then to catch another Medal moment.

3 comments:

The Accidental Author said...

Hey, we do similar stuff with out chickens to keep the little blighters out of the house. We could make up a team! Ours tend to do a big stinky pile outside the front door ready for an unsuspecting bare foot. Thanks for dropping by my blog. VLiF

Breezy said...

Glad it's not just us with a chicken in the house problem

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

So funny - I guess the chickens will learn in the end! Didn't watch the Olympics much as I had the "blue tongue" affliction...
Better now. M :-)